February 11, 2009

Cal Grants are Free Money

You can receive up to $9,700 for college or up to $3,000 for career or technical training each year from the state of California. Your Cal Grant follows you to whichever California school you choose. A Cal Grant can be used at any University of California, California State University or California Community College, most independent colleges, and many career and technical schools in California. You can even use it to transfer from a community college to a four-year college or university. The best part about this is…you don’t have to pay it back!

How do you apply for a Cal Grant?

1. Submit the FAFSA as soon as possible starting January 1 and no later than the postmark (or electronically transmitted) deadline of March 2.

2. Submit your verified Cal Grant GPA (or GED, SAT or ACT score under some circumstances) by the March 2 deadline.

2.00 GPA (minimum) + 2 Forms (FAFSA & GPA Verification) + 1 Deadline = Up to $9,700 annually.

Go to http://www.calgrants.org/ for Cal Grant Income and Asset Ceilings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.